Moston Grange is a Nursing care home that provides nursing intervention for adults (male and female) which can accommodate people with a variety of types of dementia aged 18 years and over and whom may present with complex challenges. It is currently registered to provide care for 59 people who may be informal or subject to certain conditions under the Mental Health Act 1983
The aim is to provide appropriate, high quality, nursing care and treatment using a person centred approach that responds to any changes in the individual’s needs. All treatment and care is delivered through the Care Programme Approach/Care Review where each service user is fully involved in their individual care planning as part of their care pathway. We ensure that the service users feel comfortable within the environment to optimise recovery by providing a homely atmosphere on each unit. The primary objective is to facilitate as normal as possible a life for our service users, taking into account their illness, individual needs and wishes
- No smoking care home
- Single bedroom with en-suite washroom and toilet and access to a bath
- You will be allocated a Key Worker who will help you to tailor your care to meet your needs
- We have mixed male and female units including one male only unit
- You can join in service user lead meetings and contribute to care home forums
- You can join in the homes activity programme
- You will be given information about Moston Grange Care Home and information for your visitors which, should answer some of you questions
- We have a range of nutritional menu choices and can cater for specific dietary needs
- You can prepare your own drinks and meals and have regular access to drinks and snacks
- You can speak with our advocate who can independently help you during your stay
- We have variety of professionals to support you during your stay
- You will be registered with a local GP and you can access other community based health professionals as required
- There are excellent transport links by bus and train
- No smoking care home
- You will be given a visitor's guide, which should help to answer some of your questions including visiting times and what can and cannot be brought into the home
- We want to know what you think and want to give you the opportunity to meet us through carers forums and satisfaction surveys
- We will help you to be involved in your relative's treatment plan
- Visiting rooms can be booked for private meetings in advance
- Access to a notice board for information and up and coming events
- Invitation to service users reviews
Equilibrium Healthcare shall admit service users, regardless of race, religion or ethnicity.
We believe that every person who is referred and admitted to our services should do so as a planned process of care and should be supported and empowered through the process, ensuring that an appropriate care package can be provided for the individual service user. We will consider emergency admissions provided a full assessment of needs are carried out prior to admission.
To make a referral please contact Dale Ward via any of the following contact details:
- 0161 660 2720
- 0800 083 7870
We ask that you provide us with necessary information to aid the assessment process:
- Comprehensive needs assessment
- Current care plan or care programme approach summary
- Current risk assessment or most recent
- Tribunal report (if necessary)
Dale will then contact you to discuss funding and organise an appropriate assessment date and time.
Each referred person will have a comprehensive multi -disciplinary assessment prior to admission; this will determine suitability for the service and determine the care package required to meet their needs.
Accommodation is arranged over five units within the two residential blocks. Each unit provides single bedrooms with en-suite facilities, a total of 59 in all.
There are additional bathroom and shower rooms and toilet facilities on block and each have a kitchen, dining room, lounge and leisure facilities.
There are several other activity / leisure rooms available within the administration block for residents’ use – including a beauty / hairdressing salon.
Moston Grange is a no smoking facility. There are designated external smoking shelters for residents, staff and visitors.
The unit facilitates adult men with a Neurological/Degenerative Disorder. The unit has access to several spacious communal lounges, kitchen, bathroom/shower rooms and dining room. Each unit has access to their individual enclosed garden.
This unit has been split into two smaller environments to enable staff to cater for the more challenging service users in a spacious homely environment.
Hollybank View unit provides 5 beds, which are for service users with challenging behaviours.
Hollybank Vale unit provides 6 beds with its main focus on rehabilitation
Deanvale and Mapledene Units
Here care is provided for both adult men and women. The unit provides staff support for service users who are able to proactively engage and socially interact.
All the units have access to several spacious communal lounges, bathroom/shower rooms’ kitchen and dining rooms. Each unit has access to their individual enclosed garden.
All bedrooms have en-suite and washing facilities and are furnished with a bed and bedding, bedside cabinet, chest of drawers, wardrobe, chair and curtains. Service users are actively encouraged to personalise their bedrooms, in order to help develop a sense of belonging and private personal space (this may, at their discretion, include decoration of bedroom). All bedroom doors have a lock, for which Service Users have a key and a lockable space for storage of personal items and medication (if appropriate).
Our exceptional facilities include a fully equipped recreational room, hairdressing salon and a fully equipped rehabilitation kitchen. This enables purposeful assessments and skills training that are implemented to promote service users success and confidence in current and future living.