Eleanor Independent Hospital, located in Didsbury is set in a large, detached building complete with its own grounds. Eleanor offers intensive support for those with a mental health illness. Eleanor ensures that the service users feel comfortable within their environment to optimise recovery by providing a homely atmosphere on each unit. We support service users aged 18 years and over, who have a Mental Health Illness with complex needs often with history of offending and/or criminal conviction and /challenging complex needs. Service users may be informal or detained under the Mental Health Act 1983.
At Eleanor Independent Hospital, we use the ‘Recovery Model’ and the 'Valuing People’ principles to provide a range of active rehabilitation and treatments to meet the service user’s needs. All treatment and care is delivered through the Care Programme Approach where each service user is fully involved in their individual care planning as part of my shared pathway. All care is provided by a highly qualified and experienced multidisciplinary team.
- Single ensuite shower room and access to a bath.
- No smoking hospital
- You will be allocated a Key Worker who will help you to tailor your care to meet your needs
- You can join in service user lead meetings and contribute to hospital forums
- You will be given information about Eleanor Independent Hospital and information for your visitors, which should answer some of your questions
- We have a range of nutritional menu choices and can cater for specific dietary needs
- You can prepare your own drinks and meals and have regular access to drinks and snacks
- You can speak with our advocate who can independently help you during your stay
- We have a variety of professionals to support you during your recovery
- You can access the laundry
- You will be registered with a local GP, and you can access other community-based health professionals as required
- Encouraged to use local community services as part of your rehabilitation plan
- There are good transport links by bus and tram
- Access to gender specific activities within the hospital
The accommodation is arranged over four units, linked via stairways and a lift, providing 32 single bedrooms with ensuite facilities. The service has undergone a multi-million-pound refurbishment to provide the best possible physical environment for its service users and the services it offers.
Two of the units are specifically dedicated to Challenging Behaviours and the other two units are for Move On purposes. Each unit has a dining room, lounges, rehabilitation kitchen, laundry and communal bathroom and WCs, while all bedrooms have full ensuite facilities and there are various activity and meeting rooms for the use of our service users.
A nine-bed female service specialising in personality disorder and complex trauma.
A 10-bed female unit that focuses on delivering care to women who have been diagnosed with schizophrenia or drug induced psychosis with a trauma background.
A five-bed service that brings innovation to the discharge pathway. This unit offers people the opportunity to live in a service with fewer direct hours of care with continued support of an on-site MDT.
This is a 10-bedded unit, set on the first floor, offering intensive support for service users with a diagnosis of mental illness and (mild to moderate) with an age range from 18 years, with challenging behaviours.