The Fallowfield Project service offers 24 hour support to people within a home environment via supported tenancies, during the night this support can consist of "sleeping staff" on-site, or waking night staff which is dependent on the needs of the tenants The Fallowfield Project comprises of 3 houses, all situated within a two-minute walk of each other in the Fallowfield area of Manchester. One house is for females only two other properties are mixed male and female for people with complex challenges who have a diagnosis of mental health and/ learning disability aged 18 years and over. It is currently registered to provide support for 20 people who may be informal or subject to certain conditions under the Mental Health Act 1983
These large, semi-detached houses have spacious bedrooms, bath and shower rooms, fitted kitchens and comfortable communal areas, as well as beautiful gardens On entering a tenancy placement at the Fallowfield Project, each new tenant is welcomed by the 'house family'. A welcome pack is provided to help reduce some of the inevitable anxieties, and allow the tenant to settle into their new home. Typically this includes things such as tea bags, coffee, milk, sugar, tinned foods etc. and is tailored to the tenant’s personal likes. Each tenant has his or her own key to the front door, as well as the key to their own bedroom. Tenants have their own 'tenancy support package', which is tailored to meet their individual needs. At Fallowfield, great emphasis is placed on social inclusion and the development of living skills - whilst at the same time promoting independence and self-confidence.
- The properties are no smoking but smoking shelters are provided
- One house is for females only, other houses are mixed male and female accommodation
- Single bedroom with access to showers and bathrooms
- You can access shared communal areas, lounge, kitchen and bathrooms
- Your family and friends are welcome
- The service has staff available to assist you day and night
- You will have your own key to the front door, as well as your bedroom
- You will be given a welcome pack to support you for the first few days of your stay
- You can attend regular tenants meetings to discuss any issues
- You will be allocated a Key Worker who will help you to develop a support plan that meets your needs
- You will be supported with all aspects of day-to-day tasks including budgeting, shopping and the preparation of meals and drinks, claiming benefits and accessing community services
- You will be supported to access recreational facilities, college courses, employment (paid or unpaid) and voluntary services
- You can book a meeting room in advance for private meetings
- You will be given information about Fallowfield and information for you visitors, which should answer some of your questions
- You will be given a visitor's guide which, should help to answer some of your questions including what can and what cannot be brought into the house
- Smoking areas are provided for your use
- Visiting is flexible, but please be aware and respect other tenants privacy
- You can book a meeting room in advance for private use
Equilibrium Healthcare shall admit service users, regardless of race, religion or ethnicity.
We believe that every person who is referred and admitted to our services should do so as a planned process of care and should be supported and empowered through the process, ensuring that an appropriate care package can be provided for the individual service user. We will consider emergency admissions provided a full assessment of needs are carried out prior to admission.
To make a referral please contact Dale Ward via any of the following contact details:
- 0161 660 2720
- 0800 083 7870
We ask that you provide us with necessary information to aid the assessment process:
- Comprehensive needs assessment
- Current care plan or care programme approach summary
- Current risk assessment or most recent
- Tribunal report (if necessary)
Dale will then contact you to discuss funding and organise an appropriate assessment date and time.
Each referred person will have a comprehensive multi -disciplinary assessment prior to admission; this will determine suitability for the service and determine the care package required to meet their needs.
Accommodation at the Fallowfield Project currently compromises of three properties located in the Fallowfield area of Manchester which, in total can accommodate 20 tenants.
Each tenant has their own room and shares the communal lounge, kitchen / diner, toilets bath and shower rooms. Each property has a large garden with a designated smoking area. These large, semi-detached houses have spacious bedrooms, bath and shower rooms, fitted kitchens and comfortable communal areas, as well as beautiful gardens
Is a semi-detached Property has 7 bedrooms, set in its own grounds and offers support for both men and women aged 18 years and over who may have a learning disability and or Mental Health Problems.
Is a semi-detached Property has 5 bedrooms, set in its own grounds and offers support for women only aged 18 years and over who may have a learning disability and or Mental Health Problems.
Is a semi-detached Property has 8 bedrooms, set in its own grounds and offers support for women only aged 18 years and over who may have a learning disability and or Mental Health Problems