Equilibrium Healthcare have an exciting new vacancy for a talented, and ambitious, Accounts Assistant to join our head office Finance team. This is an integral position within the finance department working within a multidisciplinary team reporting directly to the Management Accountant. As an Accounts Assistant you will support the growth of this healthcare business, this pivotal role within the team will be responsible for management of the day-to-day accounting processes.
- Daily bank reconciliations including updating excel cashbooks for multiple bank accounts.
- Maintaining petty cash reconciliations.
- Manage credit card transactions.
- Raising monthly sales invoices and credit notes via NHS and Local Authority portals.
- Reconciliation of monthly income, ensuring new patient admissions and discharges are accounted for correctly.
- Processing supplier invoices in a timely manner.
- Maintaining the PO system.
- Maintaining accurate sales and purchase ledger records on Sage 50.
- Creating monthly BACS runs for supplier payments.
- Intercompany recharges and reconciliations.
- Liaising directly with Local Authorities, NHS, private clients, and their relatives or nominated representatives to proactively resolve issues to collect current and historic balances.
- Maintain strong relationships with customers, suppliers, and the care homes to ensure all requests are promptly dealt with and queries resolved.
- Assist in the audit process.
- Assist the Management Accountant with any other ad-hoc tasks.
- Sage 50 Accounts experience is desirable.
- Previous experience in an accounts assistant role.
- AAT qualified or studying towards.
- Excellent working proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Office.
- Professional manner with clear communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Hybrid working
- Your Birthday day off
- Early finish every Friday
- Company events
- Free on-site parking
£25,000 – £30,000 per annum